User Experience Designer with extensive experience creating user-centric and intuitive experiences in the online and mobile technology industry. Passionate about cultivating design innovation, and optimizing user experiences through research, wireframing, rapid prototyping, and testing, with a background in visual design. Key contributor in multiple user-facing products. Proven track record of building cross-functional relationships in a variety of environments, from the fast-paced start-up world to the more traditional atmosphere of a Fortune 500 media company. Seeking to bring value to a company dedicated to enriching the experiences of their users.
|San Francisco, CA||2015 – 2017|
Senior UI/UX Designer for Sparcade, a mobile gaming platform that allows users to play competitive versions of classic games like Pac-Man, Tetris, and Centipede for real money. Collaborated with game designers and producers to wireframe and spec out features to ensure they met key metrics and business needs. Created numerous wireframes and interactive prototypes to explore options, demonstrate and identify potential problems, and to communicate ideas and designs to the team. Iterated and revised designs based off of player feedback, and changing constraints and scope.
- Overcame challenges of communicating complex deposit flow to an international Engineering team by designing detailed prototype, from new user registration, to advanced user quick cash flow, across multiple payment types including PayPal and ApplePay.
- Advocated for adding moderated user testing to GSN Games’ regular testing process, and coordinated with the User Insights team to plan and execute GSN Games’ first series of virtual moderated user testing sessions.
- Identified major usability issues through user testing and player feedback. Documented user tests and results, and tracked problems and solutions for posterity. Recommended and integrated key changes to new user experience.
- Leveraged previous visual design experience and supported the Art team in creation of visual UI assets and production art to meet deadlines.
|San Francisco, CA||2014 – 2015|
SENIOR UI/UX Designer of RockYou’s most popular Facebook and mobile games. Partnered with engineers, producers, game designers, and artists to maintain and enhance games during live operations. Conducted research on mobile trends, and presented best UX practices and methodologies to the team. Developed and iterated on wireframes for all new features, and implemented assets into Flash.
- Successfully implemented a templated visual asset system and significantly reduced the number of heavy game assets, as well as increased development efficiency for future features.
- Led the UI redesign for the Kitchen Scramble’s mobile port. Instructed developers and designer on proper mobile asset use in order to decrease file-size and improve performance in Adobe Air application.
- Advised on best practices and ensured that all mobile games adhered to touch target and visibility standards, improving accessibility and usability of RockYou’s mobile games.
Walt Disney Company – Disney Social Mobile
|Palo Alto, CA||2009 – 2014|
Lead UI/UX Designer of Disney Social Mobile’s top performing social and mobile games. Worked closely with engineers, producers, game designers and artists at all stages of the game production cycle, from initial planning and development through live operations. Researched current social and mobile trends and standards, and translated this information into an evolving set of best practice and processes. Created intuitive and user-friendly interfaces for players, and iterated wireframes to optimize information flow and architecture. Authored user experience specs based on production requirements to facilitate the correct implementation of features. Documented feature changes, potential A/B tests, and desired future game improvements. Mentored and trained junior designers, and managed UI/UX team through all phases of development. Cultivated an environment of open communication and collaboration across entire development team.
- Became principal UI/UX designer for the Labs Studio. Developed a steady UI implementation process and best practices for the studio. Actively monitored development efforts of all Lab projects and asserted UI/UX direction to the individual game teams.
- Took a strong ownership role during the life of Alice in Wonderland. Participated in all feature planning meetings that defined the key features and components/mechanics for the game. Worked closely with all major stakeholders to create a compelling narrative.
- Overhauled Alice in Wonderland’s user interface framework. Created feature specific user interface layers with a central asset file to maximize efficiency during the games development, with the added benefit of minimizing game download size.
- Solely responsible for the user interface of Gnome Town, a game which exceeded all expectations in terms of daily active users and monetization. Spearheaded the visual redesign of the mobile port to maximize for an intuitive mobile experience.
- Revamped the visual style and layout of Sorority Life. Completely redesigned the interface and visual design for a more modern Facebook audience, increasing monetization and retention.
|San Francisco, CA||2007 – 2009|
Web and Graphic Designer for an internet media platform and video search company. Managed multiple projects simultaneously to meet tight deadlines, including designing numerous web applications and marketing materials. Developed branding and identity for various company products, including logos, brochures, billboards, conference displays and postcards. Created email newsletter and announcement templates, quality checking for browser and email client compatibility. Coordinated with developers to create, optimize, and implement user interfaces for products and applications. Designed standard and blinkx specific mockups for third-party advertising proposals.
Digital Axle, Interactive Advertising Agency
|San Francisco, CA||2006 – 2007|
Web and Graphic Designer for an advertising agency with a variety of clients in the automotive, beauty, biotechnology, information technology, and travel industries, among others. Developed wireframes and storyboards, as well as proof-of-concept layouts for websites and ads. Concurrently designed and created final products for web and print design projects, such as email templates, banners, magazine ads, and websites. Designed and implemented websites with careful attention to usability, search engine optimization, browser compatibility and download efficiency.
Freelance Illustrator and Web and Graphic Designer
|Davis, CA||2004 – 2009|
Illustrator, Web and Graphic Designer – Illustrated, designed and coded projects for a variety of clients in the art, beauty, food, health, information technology, law and motion picture industries.
|San Jose, CA||2004 – 2006|
Associate Graphic Designer – Assisted in redesigning identity system including logo, color scheme, and branding and promotional materials per photographer’s specification.
|Cupertino, CA||Summer 2001|
Web Design Intern – Converted internal websites to follow Hewlett Packard identity and branding standards. Met with managers to create department specific websites.